Wouldn’t that jar your preserves?
- This one was my father’s. He used to say it, with absolutely no sense of irony, on those occasions when something would burn his ass (another favorite expression of his).
- This one was my mother’s. I always assumed it was simply her Italian way of attempting “Shucks” until the day our neighbor told me: “Shuck? Who is your mind trying to kid?”
- One of many delightful Akemi-isms. As Martin Gero pointed out: “It actually makes sense.”
We’ll burn that bridge when we come to it.
- He may not be the original source, but I heard Executive Producer Elliot Sokolsky utter this little gem and I intended on making it my own.
- Another Akemi-ism. Definition: reeeaaally sleepy!
Don’t expect your parents or your money to last forever.
- This one comes our way via Akemi’s grandmother – apparently a very practical woman.
View original post 117 more words