Hey! Hey!!! What happened?! Three days I was looking at this –
This morning, I woke up to this!
Help us, Global Warming! You’re my only hope!
But rather than let it ruin my day, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to catch a matinee. Between my busy production schedule and the home theater in my basement, I don’t really get out to movies much – but when I do, there’s nothing I love more than a matinee. And Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight seemed like the perfect way to while away a wintry afternoon.
Despite the inclement weather, Akemi and I got in the car and made the 40 minute drive (normally 12 minutes) to Cinemas Guzzo to watch The Hateful Eight – only to be informed that, sorry, despite it being listed on their website as Playing Now, the movie won’t actually begin screening until…
View original post 34 more words
In about week from now, I’ll be back to this –
And this –
And this –
But, for now, it’s a lot of this –
And, occasionally, this –
Today, Akemi and I braved the elements and headed downtown for some underground shopping. Discovered an enormous liquor store where I picked up a bottle of marmalade vodka for a party I may or may not be attending tomorrow night depending on the weather, a bottle of 15 year old dark rum finished speyside for the Dark Matter whisky club, and a bottle from the Buffalo Trace Experimental Collection for yours truly. Then, it was off to Old Montreal where we…
View original post 91 more words
Wouldn’t that jar your preserves?
- This one was my father’s. He used to say it, with absolutely no sense of irony, on those occasions when something would burn his ass (another favorite expression of his).
- This one was my mother’s. I always assumed it was simply her Italian way of attempting “Shucks” until the day our neighbor told me: “Shuck? Who is your mind trying to kid?”
- One of many delightful Akemi-isms. As Martin Gero pointed out: “It actually makes sense.”
We’ll burn that bridge when we come to it.
- He may not be the original source, but I heard Executive Producer Elliot Sokolsky utter this little gem and I intended on making it my own.
- Another Akemi-ism. Definition: reeeaaally sleepy!
Don’t expect your parents or your money to last forever.
- This one comes our way via Akemi’s grandmother – apparently a very practical woman.
View original post 117 more words
This time last year, Montreal was in the deep-freeze, festooned with flurries, its streets and sidewalks treacherous with ice and snow.
This year, it’s more like this –
Blues skies, green lawns, and oh so warm.
I’ll never complain about global warming again.
Well, last year mom declared it would be the last time she prepped and cooked a big feast for over a dozen people. I was, of course, dubious because she’d made the same declaration the previous year. This year, as she preps and cooks a big feast for fourteen, she has declared it the very last year she does this.
While mom was prepping for tonight’s dinner, Akemi, sis, and I were out running errands. One of our stops was Costco which, it turns out, is like visiting Disneyland for Akemi. She could barely contain her excitement as we drove into the lot, then was…
View original post 341 more words